Starting date and time: Sat Aug 11 2018 16:00:00 GMT+0000 (UTC).
Registration opens one hour before the start.
- The expected length is between 1 hour and 15 minutes, and 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Two 20-minutes long sessions, where participants play 7 or 8 rounds each. The opponent changes every round. There is a 5-minutes break after each session.
- One match, first to 7 win by 2. A preliminary ranking is made based on the rounds that were played earlier.
Players are then matched two by two (1st versus 2nd, 3rd versus 4th, etc.). If the number of participants is odd
then the last player doesn't play.
- The "1st versus 2nd" match winner is the Quickfire winner.
Match rules: Rounds last 2 minutes, with no Knock-Out limit. Handicap type is usual garbage (with holes).
- You need a validated Worldwide Combos account to be able to play.
- Click on the Register button at the top of the page to register. You may unregister before the Quickfire starts,
by clicking on the "Unregister" button which appears at the same place.
Rewards: All players win tournament points. If N is the number of participants
and C your ranking, you win 8*(1.01 - ln(C)/ln(N))
points truncated to two decimals, where ln(X) stands for the natural logarithm of X.
- There is nothing much to win, so please don't cheat. If you somehow find a critical issue on the website, please don't exploit it in a
way that would influence the tournament's outcome, and report it.
- Not showing up while being registered is not fair for other people. If it happens too many
times you may not be able to compete in future tournaments.
- The final match might be uploaded to Youtube, and by registering you agree with this.
- Joining the Discord server might be a good idea.
- In the Options page, it is possible to make your blocks spawn one line higher.